As many families reevaluate their estate plans and fiduciary structures in the current environment, they often consider a private trust company (“PTC”). To assist in these discussions, we have created a PTC Primer that includes:
- an overview of PTCs and how they operate
- why PTCs may be preferable to the traditional trustee model
- a diagram of a common PTC structure and Willow Street roles
- the role and responsibilities of a PTC Board
- the role and responsibilities of a PTC Secretary
- elements of Wyoming situs
We hope this is helpful for you and your client families, and welcome the opportunity for further discussions about PTCs and other Wyoming-based fiduciary solutions.